KEP1ER - FIRST IMPACT EP REVIEW

This art kicks ass, for real. I’d kill for this physically for the art alone.


So, here’s where I get to flex my K-pop knowledge. Girls Planet 999 is a reality competition show where they got 999 contestants from South Korea, Japan, and China with the intention that the final nine contestants would form a new supergroup and become titans in the South Korean music industry. In the finale, the winners were officially announced and became the group KEP1ER. After a couple of delays, they’ve finally released their debut EP with killer art, FIRST IMPACT. The project has already broken a massive sales record, with the first day sales being the highest in the history of Hanteo, South Korea’s equivalent to America’s Billboard. I know all that was a bunch of stuff to read, and I don’t blame you if it was a little boring, but this is a pretty big deal. So, let’s just get into FIRST IMPACT.

This EP’s divided into two halves: three original songs and three made for the Girls Planet 999 show. Personally, I do prefer the original songs simply because I think they’re the better songs…? That’s just a me thing, I just like the first three songs more than the last three. However, there’s a certain thing about this project that I’d love to mention. At least out of the K-pop I’ve heard, there really weren’t a lot of risks taken sonically. Not to say that it’s a bad thing, but I like to see artists push the boundaries of their sound, and I haven’t really heard that yet in K-pop. Luckily, I think I finally heard that with KEP1ER. They are experimenting with the usual sound of K-pop and it sounds fresh. Overall, I really enjoyed FIRST IMPACT. Like the title of the project, KEP1ER has already made waves with their new take on the K-pop sound.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




FIRST IMPACT is a WAKEONE release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters