Mydreamfever - Rough and Beautiful Place ALBUM REVIEW

Nothing like a good January ambient album, am I right?


I’m sure you haven’t heard the name Mydreamfever before, but this isn’t the first time I’ve covered them. He’s more popular under the name Parannoul, who made it onto my radar last year with two incredible albums: To See the Next Part of the Dream and a split album with Asian Glow and sonhos tomam conta Downfall of the Neon Youth, the latter garnering a perfect score when it dropped this past October. Now, the first album under the Mydreamfever name, he sets out to create something brand new and separate from Parannoul: an ambient album titled Rough and Beautiful Place. Let’s get into it.

Something that people might not know about me is that I’m a sucker for a good ambient album. I typically don’t go back to them on my own time, but I do like to appreciate what I hear in music in general. When it comes to that, I absolutely adore this album. The piano-driven tracks, most if not all of them, are fantastic, and the ambient landscapes across the album set a beautiful tone. I also like the additional field recordings that come in every now and then. There are many parts of this that remind me of classic Pharoah Sanders for how spiritual this sounds, and I’m just proud of myself that I was finally able to pick out a jazz influence. I know those were some shorter thoughts, but Rough and Beautiful Place is a great start to the new year. Under a new name, Parannoul brings his take on ambient music to blissful heights.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube

Bandcamp (to support the artist directly)




Rough and Beautiful Place is self-released.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters