Alice Glass - PREY//IV ALBUM REVIEW

Ah, I don’t think I have a quirky one-liner for this.


Alice Glass deserves the fame. Crystal Castles, a duo she was in with one Ethan Kath, deserved the fame. Hell, even as CC’s music began to decline, it was Glass’s vocals that were holding up that quality to me. It was understandably shocking to find out that Kath was abusing Glass for practically their entire professional careers as Crystal Castles. Either way, after all of that, Glass laid low for a while. Then, eventually, we now have Alice Glass’s first solo album, PREY//IV. I’ve only heard one song from it, so I’m mainly going into this blind. Let’s not waste any more time and get into it.

I’ll say that the album’s biggest strength is its lyrics and songwriting. Speaking about any kind of trauma in music, especially when it’s the core concept of an album, is a very brave thing to do, and Glass really has done this in spades. I think it’s the album's biggest draw and its main strength. I also think Glass’s vocals are very strong here too and are the most expressive parts of the album. However, I’ll say that the one weak spot for me was the production. Some of it felt a little bit too one-note for me, but the harsh noise spots were parts I enjoyed. Overall, PREY//IV is a great start to a promising solo career. Alice Glass is able to move beyond her past to create something all her own.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




PREY//IV is an Eating Glass release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters