Yeule - Glitch Princess ALBUM REVIEW

*an obvious joke*


This is a case where I was simply pulled into the album because of some good cover art, you know? I don’t know that much about Yeule, but what I do know is that Yeule is from Singapore and the stage name of Yeule is based on the Final Fantasy character. That’s pretty much if for that, and as I stated earlier, I mainly wanted to listen to Glitch Princess because I just think the cover’s sick as fuck. So, let’s just get into it.

Like it says in the name, the production throughout this album is very glitchy. There’s honestly no way around saying that because it’s simply true. It’s also not often that a gorgeous voice can mesh so well with that kind of production, but it somehow does beautifully. Personally, the one thing that didn’t stick out to me too well was the writing, but since I’ve heard others praise the writing so much, that could change for me at some point since I’ve been listening to this on repeat for a little bit now. Also, as a fun treat for the digital album, the project ends with a FIVE HOUR AMBIENT TRACK. I shouldn’t get any brownie points for listening to the whole thing or anything, but I did it and it was pretty good. Overall, Glitch Princess is a fantastic first impression. Right off the bat, Yeule is worthy of such a royal title.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Glitch Princess is a Bayonet release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters