Big K.R.I.T. - Digital Roses Don't Die ALBUM REVIEW

I’m not even gonna bother with an NFT joke.


Big K.R.I.T. is a rapper that I’ve liked a few songs of, but I really only like one of his entire projects, and that’s 4eva Is a Mighty Long Time from 2017. Quite frankly, I didn’t even know that he dropped another album in 2019 until I researched some details for this new album here. Either way, like most albums these days for me, I went into Digital Roses Don’t Die without hearing any of the singles and completely going in blind. Let’s just get into it.

Right off the bat, I think the production is pretty good across the board. It’s done entirely by K.R.I.T., and it luckily fits his voice and sounds pretty well when paired with the sound. Along with that, the ‘dirty South’ sound that was all over the other albums I’ve heard from his catalog isn't really present here. K.R.I.T. goes for a more melodic angle for most of the album, and if I may be honest, he’s just okay in this lane. The whole romance concept of this album seems alright too, but I guess this album just really didn’t click for me. Overall, Digital Roses Don’t Die is an okay album. Big K.R.I.T.’s return is slightly disappointing, but it’s backed by great production.


6/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Digital Roses Don’t Die is a Multi Alumni release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters