$NOT - Ethereal ALBUM REVIEW

I mean, calling one of your first big projects ‘too perfect for this world’ is pretty huge.


Alright, I really don’t have an intro for this review? I think $NOT’s last album, 2020’s Beautiful Havoc, was pretty cool and I liked the direction he was going in. I always knew that his newest album, Ethereal, was set to release at some point, but what really got me interested was his hard-hitting single with A$AP Rocky, “Doja.” Either way, it got me very excited to check out Ethereal, so does it live up to the hype? Let’s see if it does.

I’d say that the biggest improvement here is $NOT’s vocals, which seem much more accomplished and confident on this album. Along with that, the features here are fantastic too. The aforementioned Rocky, Kevin Abstract, Trippie Redd, and even Joey Bada$$ lend some good features to $NOT. The production here is pretty nice too, even if it’s sometimes rough around the edges. $NOT’s lyrics are alright too, but it’s mainly used to hold up a good melody. However, he does have some good bars every now and then. And if I’m being totally honest, I think that’s pretty much it for my thoughts on it. Ethereal is pretty fun. $NOT’s potential continues to be realized.


7/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Ethereal is a 300 Entertainment release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters