Saba - Few Good Things ALBUM REVIEW

Flowers are pretty cool, just saying.


Let me be honest with you, I know nothing about Saba. I know he’s in a group, PivotGang, and I know that people are very excited about his return, Few Good Things. I took a listen to Care For Me, his last album from nearly four years ago, and while I know people that LOVE that project, I thought it was just okay to me. However, it did get me curious enough to check out this new album here, so let’s not waste any more time and get into Few Good Things.

I’ll just say that right off the bat, this isn’t as conceptual as Care For Me. I know that there are some people that go into albums for that, but it really didn’t affect my listening experience. What I think stands out here is his heartbreaking lyrics on here. It’s refreshing to hear Saba like this because I don’t think we’ve ever heard this side of him in his music before, and it’s really compelling to me to hear it. There are a lot of features on here too, but I think most of them do a good job of contextualizing what the album’s going for. I think the production’s pretty nice too. It’s not a masterclass in producing or anything, but I think it should be the standard for major hip-hop albums. Overall, I had a pretty good time with Few Good Things. Saba gives the listener a little more than a few good things.


7/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Few Good Things is a Pivot Gang release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters