Lil Baby & Lil Durk - The Voice of the Heroes ALBUM REVIEW

Part of me was really hoping that this would just be Lil Baby on drill beats, he’d sound fantastic in that lane to me.


I’ve always been a little lukewarm on both of these rappers. They make music that I personally don’t go to that often whenever I just want to listen to music. However, Lil Baby has been steadily increasing in quality ever since his features on Drake’s “Wants and Needs” and J. Cole’s “Pride is the Devil,” which were some of the best features of the year so far. Lil Durk has also been on a bit of a hot streak, even if I haven’t personally enjoyed or have come back to his projects from last year. Their past collaborations have been good to me, but now they have a whole project together, The Voice of the Heroes. How’d it turn out? Let’s see.

Well, let me start off with this: There’s a reason why Lil Baby is billed first. He doesn’t blow me away or anything like he has on his features this year or even on My Turn, but he is definitely the better performer on this album. That being said, Lil Durk seems like he’s off his game on this. He’s certainly sounded better on his own stuff than this. That doesn’t mean he’s bad on this, though. The production on this is pretty good too. Again, nothing too stunning. My favorite track off this was “Hats Off” with Travis Scott, mainly because all three of them had this chemistry that kind of lacked on the rest of the project. Meek Mill’s feature on “Still Runnin’” was pretty good too.

The Voice of the Heroes could have been a lot more than this, but I’m pretty fine with what I got. Lil Baby and Lil Durk seem to have a good track record together and a collab album makes sense, but most of these songs felt like Lil Baby (feat. Lil Durk) or vice-versa. It’s fun while it’s on, but I really don’t have much else to say about it.


6/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




The Voice of Heroes is a Quality Control release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters