Bladee - The Fool ALBUM REVIEW

Dude, I’m so drained today. What’ll help me?


I’m not a Drainer. I’ve tried in the past to like the music of artists like Bladee, ECCO2K, and Yung Lean, but it never clicked for me. It almost felt like it was an inside joke that I didn’t get. I’ve heard multiple projects from this camp, but honestly, I haven’t genuinely loved anything outside of ECCO2K’s PXE. The Drain Gang ringleader Bladee’s last project with Mechatok, Good Luck, was pretty nondescript to me but was mainly considered a disappointment by his hardcore fans. Now, Bladee has surprise-dropped a new project here titled The Fool, and honestly, I think I finally got something to write about here. Let’s get into the mind of The Fool.

The best aspect by far of this is the production. Wow, I mean, WOW. I mentioned in my bite-size review of ECCO2K’s PXE that the production sounded like a crystal exploding, and that also applies to this project here. This is legitimately some of the most mind-orienting production I’ve heard so far this year, and it definitely helps this project stand out amongst Bladee’s other albums. Outside of that, that was pretty much it. I essentially have the same thoughts on Bladee’s vocals and songwriting on this and the other albums in the Drain Gang style, and I think it does need some work. It’s not a necessity by any means, but it’s just… eh?

Sadly, Bladee didn’t convert me into a Drainer with this one. Like most of his projects, it just feels like background noise and could’ve been so much better. I’m hoping to become a fan at some point, but it wasn’t through The Fool. Sorry, Bladee.


5/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




The Fool is a YEAR0001 release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters