GoldLink - HARAM! ALBUM REVIEW

This guy’s getting to me, trying to name his album after my favorite album of the year so far.


Alright, why am I covering this GoldLink? This got me interested. I know he’s said some pretty dumb shit about Mac Miller, but I’m not taking that into account. His 2017 mixtape At What Cost is one of the most underappreciated albums of that year, and I could say the exact same of his debut album Diaspora. Now, we have HARAM!, his second studio album and honestly, I’ve heard nothing about this. I didn’t even hear about this bizarre cover art that I’m not sure if I have to censor on Instagram when I promote this review on that platform. I have nothing to expect or anything to talk about on this, so let’s just skip the formalities and get into HARAM! and what makes this project good or bad.

Also, I gotta point out this one thing before I get into the details: What is with this vocal filter he has on most of this project? He is not 2D from Gorillaz, I’ve talked with a couple people about this album and everyone I’ve spoken to hasn’t liked it. Seriously, though, what’s going on with this thing? So many of these tracks just sound unfinished. Hell, I don’t even think he was awake when he made these songs. All of his features essentially kill him on his own songs. It’s something else if FUCKING NLE CHOPPA kills a beat and you don’t. Also, put some respect on Flo Milli’s name because she makes “Raindrops” insanely listenable and probably the only track I’ll go back to.

Okay, I know I don’t have much to say about this, but that’s exactly it. GoldLink really threw in the towel on HARAM!, but I can commend him for one thing: he certainly got my attention with that cover art. This is just a very bizarre album to listen to, but in the worst way possible.


2/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




HARAM! is an RCA Records release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters