ABBA - Voyage ALBUM REVIEW

Most of the people I know in my life weren’t even close to alive in between breaks of new ABBA material.


It’s no question that ABBA is one of the most iconic and legendary musical acts of all time. I’d say that they’re also well known for their vocal harmonies. I mean, have you heard “Dancing Queen?” Have you heard “Waterloo?” Granted, even with the hype (or lack of hype) for this comeback album, Voyage, I was cautiously excited about this project. Hell, I never doubt ABBA for their artistic quality, but it’s literally 40 in between this album and their last, 1981’s The Visitors. So, does this new album live up to the massive expectations? Let’s see if it does.

Honestly, they still have the vocals down pat, but the biggest standout to me is the production. It sounds damn fantastic, and quite frankly, I always thought that this was gonna be the case, but this was pretty surprising. I’d say that the biggest issue here is the biggest issue in nearly all of ABBA’s albums: too many ballads. I know it may sound a little nitpicky because, well, it’s ABBA, but they’re known for their more poppy, upbeat songs. Outside of that, it’s insanely the ABBA that you know and probably love. Voyage may not be ABBA’s best album, but as swan songs for legendary groups go, this is pretty great.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Voyage is a Polar release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters