Rome Streetz & Ransom - Coup De Grâce ALBUM REVIEW

If he isn’t on a label right now, Ransom should join Rome Streetz on Griselda.


I have to admit, this was on my list for albums that I’ve wanted to happen. I just didn’t expect it so soon. On their own, Ransom and Rome Streetz are incredible rappers, and they both happen to feature on one of my favorite songs of the year, “Kill All Rats” from Conway the Machine’s and Big Ghost Ltd.’s joint album, IF IT BLEEDS, IT CAN BE KILLED. Now, we have an entire album from Rome Streetz and Ransom, titled Coup De Grâce. Let’s not waste any more time and get into it.

There is one massive assumption that becomes clear whenever you listen to artists like these, and that both rappers perform really well. Like in the past, their writing and flows are top-notch and they’re quite reliable. At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the best album of their careers from a writing standpoint. However, there’s a big part of this that really hurts this album, personally, and that’s the production. I just really wanted to hear more grimy, distorted beats, but I understand the more nostalgic sound and I think that they sound pretty good over the sound. Whether or not you like the production choices, Coup De Grâce is a triumph. Rome Streetz and Ransom showcase their unique chemistry and include some of the best writing of their careers.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Coup De Grâce is a Momentum release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters