Dorian Electra - My Agenda (Deluxe) ALBUM REVIEW

(A/N: This review will cover the remixes and new tracks on the album. Click here for my review of the base My Agenda album.)


Can they get me early access to the XBOY 360 console?


Dorian Electra is an artist that’s increasingly impressed me since they’ve burst onto the scene. Their 2019 debut album, Flamboyant, was something I more appreciated than enjoyed, but last year’s immensely horny My Agenda really shot them into the stratosphere in my mind. To me, they’re the reigning ruler of hyperpop right now. Hell, their remix of Lady Gaga’s “Replay” is one of the damn best songs of the year. Now, we have a new expansion to My Agenda, which includes a slew of remixes, new versions, and even brand new songs recorded during the My Agenda sessions. Let’s get into my thoughts on it.

Honestly, I’m just gonna come out and say that the new version of “Gentleman” with d0llywood1 and Danny Brown is my personal favorite track out of the remixes. It’s a rare example of a remix being an expansion on a song rather than retreading. I’d actually say that with most of these remixes on here. They’re even bringing back legendary composers from the dead in the form of Johann Sebastian Bach on the “Edgelord” remix, alongside The Joker, Savage Ga$p, and original feature Rebecca Black. I also think the best new song on here is easily “Strapping Young Lads” because, um, it’s one of their best tracks ever. It might be an addiction, just like the new video for the title track. Either way, the deluxe reissue of My Agenda is the rare example of a deluxe album gone right. Dorian Electra brings along some unlikely collaborations for a project unlike anything else this year.


8/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




My Agenda (Deluxe) is self-released.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters