Ed Sheeran - = ALBUM REVIEW

Ed said that he’d make a death metal album if the demand was there. You know what to do, guys.


It’s no question that Ed Sheeran is one of the biggest musicians on the planet right now. At one point, I’d argue that he was the biggest musician on the planet. This series of math-related albums, which has been going on since 2011, is the most successful series of albums ever. That’s a strong achievement, and I won’t be surprised if this album does well here. The second album in this series, X, is pretty easily my favorite of his, but he’s been drastically declining since then. Now, we have =, and if I’m being honest, I haven’t heard a single track from this until now. So, let’s just get right into doing math.

I think I’m gonna throw a hot take out here: Ed Sheeran is very much like Drake at this point in his career. They’re both too big to fail now, and they’re both gonna sell so many records before and after their careers finish. In the area of music reviewing that I’m (somewhat) popular in, it was a fact that this was going to be mainly negative reviews, and honestly, this isn’t that bad. It’s not amazing or anything, but it’s certainly not the worst thing I’ve heard. I think Ed’s proven that he’s a hit-maker and can essentially do anything he wants. Granted, I do want him to get a little more experimental with his sound. Even if that No. 6 Collaborations Project wasn’t that great, it proved that Ed’s willing to move more into other genres and seem pretty capable while doing it. That being said, I think that this is where it falters. It’s just more Ed Sheeran, and if you’re a fan of that, you can enjoy this as much as you like. Either way, = is what you expected. Ed Sheeran goes back to basics, even if I don’t like math all that much.


6/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




= is a Warner Records release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters