Aesop Rock & Blockhead - Garbology ALBUM REVIEW

I don’t know how Aesop Rock and Blockhead made fanart of my college dorm room.


Aesop Rock has slowly become one of my favorite rappers in recent memory. His first couple of albums, Float and Labor Days, along with The Impossible Kid and his collaboration with Tobacco, Malibu Ken, are among some of my favorite albums ever and I pretty much drop everything when I hear he drops. When it was announced that he’d finally make an entire album with his longtime producer Blockhead, titled Garbology, I was super excited about it. I didn’t hear any of the singles going into it, so let’s just not waste any more time and get into it.

I think that it’s safe to assume that Blockhead’s produced some of Aes’s best songs, and I’m very glad that this album lives up to the hype. Both Aesop Rock and Blockhead work very well with each other, as heard in the past, and it’s satisfying to hear that the chemistry hasn’t gone away yet. It was also a pleasant surprise to hear Billy Woods pop up on “Legerdemain,” even if I was hoping for a full verse from him. As always, Aes’s rapping and writing is unlike anything else right now. What comes to my mind is the study that said that Aes’s vocabulary is larger than both Herman Melville's Moby Dick and William Shakespeare's entire catalog, among other things. It may not be his most showy album, but his lyrics really do still hit hard, even at its most surreal. Garbology is yet another notch in Aesop Rock’s massive career, and the reunion with Blockhead makes for one of his best releases yet.


9/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Garbology is a Rhymesayers release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters