Summer Walker - Still Over It ALBUM REVIEW

Hearing that this is already one of the most successful R&B albums of all time on Apple Music is absolutely insane.


I’m gonna be honest, I know absolutely nothing about Summer Walker outside of her drama with producer London On Da Track. I don’t even think I’ve heard a song of hers prior to listening to this album. What really got this album on my radar was the stat above, and it really piqued my interest in this album. Still Over It is the title of the project, and there’s really not much else to say about an intro on my end. Let’s just get into it.

I’ll say that I do like the vibe that this gives off. It feels like an unreleased 90s neo-soul/R&B album that was finally unearthed for the public to hear. Of course, it doesn't all feel like that because of the occasional trap beats laden throughout, but I still like the feeling of it. I really don’t think Walker is that much of a powerhouse like Tinashe or Jazmine Sullivan or SZA (who has a great feature on this), but I think she does a good job of holding her own and trying to stand out among the crowd. I really don’t know why this is the most successful R&B album on Apple Music, but I still like it. Still Over It isn’t a mind-blowing album, but Summer Walker hands out a good amount of highlights to make it worthwhile.


6/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Still Over It is an LVRN / Interscope release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters