Sematary - Screaming Forest ALBUM REVIEW

This is a late Halloween tribute right here.


Back when I did those bite-size music reviews on YouTube, one of my more popular videos was my first exposure to rapper Sematary and his critically acclaimed Rainbow Bridge 3. I said that it was ‘loud as fuck.’ At the time, it ended up not being a positive thing, but after some convincing from some friends and a couple more listens, it actually grew on me quite a bit. In honor of All Hallow’s Eve, Sematary has dropped a new mixtape, Screaming Forest. Let’s get into it.

I’m usually into the harsher sounds of his music, even if I’ve only heard Rainbow Bridge 3. That being said, I’ll say that this is a little more subdued. A little. This is insanely loud music. This is the definition of music that will scare the hoes. The little subgenre of trap metal has been very specific and has a very small space in rap as a whole, but with this album, it’s really making a good yet small statement. Although, it feels like there’s a Sematary clone on here instead of Sematary, and the thought of two Semataries is kind of terrifying so I’ll just leave it at that. Screaming Forest and Sematary will have a dedicated fan base as long as he’s around, especially with such a unique sound.


7/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Screaming Forest is a Haunted Mound release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters