Idles - CRAWLER ALBUM REVIEW

British punk is one of the surprise subgenres of 2021 that finally clicked for me.


I don’t know much about Idles, but I had heard a couple of their albums, which are 2018’s Joy as an Act of Resistance and 2020’s Ultra Mono. I ended up liking both of them, so in that mindset, I decided to check out their newest album, whenever that would be released. I was just surprised that it ended up coming out this soon. This one’s called CRAWLER, and like most albums in this genre, I ended up going in blind and not listening to any of the singles. So, let’s not waste any more time and get into CRAWLER.

What I think is the biggest thing that sets it apart from the other Idles albums I’ve heard is that this sounds the most intense out of all of them. You know what’s funny? That’s really all I have for it. It was pretty intense, vocalist Joe Talbot is pretty intense most of the time, and the track “Car Crash” is one of the most intense songs I’ve heard this year. I think it’s pretty impressive that this was only a year and a couple months after their last album. Most bands cannot do that in more time, and it’s something I can really appreciate. Either way, I just think that CRAWLER didn’t do much for me. Idles really know how to make a good album, but it’s just not something I’d personally return to.


7/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




CRAWLER is a Partisan release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters