SAINt JHN - While The World Was Burning ALBUM REVIEW

I’ve spoken about how the music industry has benefited from the existence of Tik Tok, and SAINt JHN is one of the bigger examples of becoming a household name. Imanbek’s ‘illegal’ remix of his hit track “Roses,” which just got nominated for a Grammy, burst onto the scene and elevated JHN’s career to a new level. This right here, While The World Was Burning, is his debut album, and even has cosigns from big artists like Kanye West, Future, and Lil Uzi Vert. Either way, I’m kind of excited to listen to this, so let’s get into it!

While The World Was Burning is an R&B album with pop and hip-hop influences. Now, I went into this expecting this to not be the greatest thing in the world, but this was still kind of a rough listen to me. Two remixes of “Roses” appear on here, the famous Imanbek remix and an additional remix from Future. Both have been released and are okay, but not personally for me. Now, the other songs are a bit of a mixed bag. The songs on here remind me of something that Travis Scott or Don Toliver could go over, with the overall vibe feeling like it comes from a dark cavern in the middle of the night. The production across the board is actually pretty great, though. The tracks with JID and 6LACK were pretty great and by far the best features on the album, with Kanye West’s feature feeling like filler and the other features just being kind of okay. “Gorgeous” is an absolute earworm too, and probably my favorite track off the album. The one thing that I think I wanted more out of this is wanting more variety from SAINt JHN’s vocals. He does a decent job on here as he is, but I love the darker side of his vocals and I just wanted more of that.

Overall, While The World Was Burning was a fun album to listen to. It’s not gonna be a classic or anything, but the potential of SAINt JHN’s career is bright and shining on this album. I’m really hoping that he continues to make music like this, but refining his sound to make it his own. I’m ready for the future, JHN. You better not disappoint.


6/10


Stream While The World Was Burning here

Spotify

Apple Music

YouTube Music



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters