King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - K.G. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard is quite a memorable name. Funny enough, I’ve never actually taken the time to listen to their music except for one album, Nonagon Infinity. They’ve been around since 2010, and each of their projects has been radically different, but they all fall under the ‘rock’ genre. This right here, K.G., is their SIXTEENTH studio album in ten years, and quite frankly, I’m pretty excited to get into it! So, without further ado, let me talk to you about K.G.!

K.G. is a rock album with experimental and psychedelic undertones. A good way to describe this record is eerie. That tone cements itself with the opening track “K.G.L.W.,” with its odd instrumentation setting a vibe that I was ready to dive into. What I love about this album is just how varied it is. “Automaton” fits the same bill as the opening track with the dark energy it lets out, but “Intrasport” sounds like something that comes from the WarioWare series, and I absolutely love that too. The track “The Hungry Wolf of Fate” is a mind-blowing, psychedelic ending to the album that just makes me want to listen to the whole thing again. “Onthology” sounds like it’s from the soundtrack of a Western film to an extent. This album’s sound is so all over the place that it sounds like it’d be a mess, but somehow, it all comes together for a cohesive experience. The only cut that really didn’t do anything for me was “Some Of Us,” but I’ll give them points for that drum solo. That was pretty sick.

K.G. is like an aesthetically pleasing car crash. Hear me out on this one: All of these different genres combining into one rock album sounds like a 12 car pileup, but in a miraculous turn, no one is hurt. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard have made a cohesive project that’s anything but cohesive. It’s pretty crazy to think that this is their sixteenth album as a group, and they’re getting this type of praise. Excuse me while I listen to the fourteen albums that I haven’t listened to in their discography yet.


8/10


Stream K.G. here

Spotify

Apple Music

YouTube Music



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters