Isaac Zale & Cherry Blu - None of the Keys Fit ALBUM REVIEW

I was scrolling Twitter one day, and I follow some accounts on there like Team Dreamville, Shrek Knows Rap, and DJ Pickle Juice, and all of them were talking about this guy named Isaac Zale. He’s an upcoming Canadian rapper who has this rap-R&B fusion that’s pretty enjoyable. The song highlighted was “Seeds” with Mick Jenkins, the latest single from his debut album with producer Cherry Blu, None of the Keys Fit. I was really impressed with “Seeds,” and like one does, I decided to do a little dive into Zale’s music, specifically his newest album, None of the Keys Fit. Why am I still talking about it? Let’s just get into it.

None of the Keys Fit is a hip-hop album with R&B influences. Now, if I had to pick an artist that reminds me of Zale’s music the most, I’d actually pick two: Drake and Logic. The Drake-ish charm shows on “Hannah’s Ballad,” with Zale’s singing sounding a lot better than I thought it would be. The Logic influences are shown most on “F a Friend” with Eric Reprid, with Zale’s lyrics being absolutely standout and probably my favorite lyrics on the whole record. Although, I’m really trying my best to gush over “Seeds” too much. “Seeds” is definitely one of my favorite songs this year. While this is an Isaac Zale album, Cherry Blu is also credited, so we have to go into the production. Cherry Blu has some of the best beats I’ve heard all year, specifically on “Seeds” and “2468.” Not including “Seeds,” my favorite track has to be “Headspin.” This has Zale’s best rapping and Blu’s best production, but while the lyrics aren’t my favorite, they’re deep and require multiple listens to fully understand, and all of these elements come together for a really great song.

Overall, None of the Keys Fit is a pretty stellar debut for Isaac Zale. With backing production from Cherry Blu, Zale shows his potential as a breakout star. While he already has over 71,000 listeners according to Spotify, he can definitely go up from here. His flow is insanely catchy, the beats from Cherry Blu are absolutely insane, and it can be both partying music and introspective music too. It’s a great combo that I hope Zale runs away with in the future.


8/10



Stream None of the Keys Fit here

Spotify

Apple Music

YouTube Music




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters