Justin Bieber - Freedom. EP REVIEW

The time in the top left isn’t the right font, this art isn’t even a real screenshot.


I honestly didn’t think I was gonna cover this. Either way, let’s at least set up the context for this project. Justin Bieber, one of the biggest pop stars on the planet, has just released his newest album Justice a few weeks back. While I personally think it could’ve been without the tasteless MLK samples, it was definitely an improvement over some of his past work. Bieber was in a bit of an upward trend, and I was honestly pretty excited to see where he goes next. Out of the blue, on Easter Sunday, he drops Freedom., a short little gospel EP just because? I’m not sure why he did this, but it’s out. Wanna see how I felt about this? Keep on reading to see.

Justin Drew Bieber. What the actual fuck happened here? Does he only have yes men? He has to, right? How the fuck did the idea of a gospel EP get inside your head? As I was listening to this, I was thinking ‘Is this a joke? Did he lose a bet?’ and god, I really hope it was. What compelled him to rap with a full-on African accent at the very start of this EP? What compelled him to get a featured artist to perform from the perspective of God? How the fuck did he get Pink Sweat$ and Tori Kelly on this thing? Wait, he’s rich, I got that one answered. Justin’s writing on this is dogshit. I cannot bring myself to relisten to it and find examples. The production is bland, and all of the features are awful. Literally all of them.

I’ve heard some pretty bad albums in my life. The Big Day, Doug Walker’s The Wall, everything Green Day’s put out since that trilogy with the Spanish numbers, the Wendy’s album, etc. I could go on. But this. Freedom. is legitimately one of the worst things to ever hit my ear canals. It’s not an exaggeration when I say that this is career suicide. Whoever at Def Jam okayed this needs to be taken out behind the shed and be put down because this is atrocious. There is no way Justin Bieber is coming back from this. This was a legitimately depressing project, and I cannot believe this even crossed your small, little mind. Fuck you.


0/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Freedom. is a Def Jam Recordings release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters