Lil Tjay - Destined 2 Win ALBUM REVIEW

Apple Music crashed when I was doing my first listen. Maybe it was a sign…


I feel like I’d fit into Lil Tjay’s demographic. I’m a suburban white kid, and most of his fans that I know of are suburban white kids. I may be wrong on the demographic part, but that’s just from who I know. I also feel like this trend of bloated trap albums is so bad. We really just need some shorter projects, cut out the filler and all that! The only reason why I’m covering Destined 2 Win is that I feel like these trends are all too real here. The singles from this are actually okay, though. The track with 6LACK is pretty nice, and I get why it was a hit. So, is Destined 2 Win an album full of hits? Let’s find out.

No. This is not an album full of hits. The singles that were dropped are the only tracks that stand out on this project. God, this is so BORING. Did this have to be an hour long? Who wants an hour of Lil Tjay? I certainly don’t, and I can’t think of anyone that would want an hour of new Lil Tjay music. His voice got so annoying as the album went on, and there are so many points where he’s copying Drake so much that it’s not even funny. Although, I’ll give points to some tracks where the production was pretty nice, and Lil Tjay generally can ride a beat pretty well. I totally understand why he has a fan base and all that, but I don’t wanna sit here and say that this is amazing. I can tell that Tjay has a vision for what he wants to do for his music, and it gave me a good glimpse into what a focused album from Tjay would sound like. This is not that album, though.

Destined 2 Win is more of a playlist than an album. Lil Tjay has potential, and it’s so frustrating because he shows that potential on this album here and in the past. I do like the singles from this project, but as a whole, this thing is just way too long for me to come back to and just doesn’t bring anything new to the table for Tjay as an artist.


4/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




Destined 2 Win is a Columbia Records release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters