NF - CLOUDS MIXTAPE REVIEW

There’s a very obvious pun here and I can’t think of anything else to write as an intro, so my head was in the clouds while writing this.


I don’t get NF. I’ve never heard of anyone that’s said ‘I think NF is okay,’ mainly it’s because you either devote your life to him or you hate him with all of your guts. I might as well say that I’ve heard some of the singles off of this, the title track and “Lost” with Hopsin of all people. While “Lost” was a little underwhelming, I surprisingly enjoyed the title track quite a bit, but I guess that didn’t make me too excited for this new mixtape right here. I’ve only heard the singles from his past material, so I’m not even sure if I can say he’s evolved from his past sound. NF stans, help me out with that. So, since I gave the two singles a shot, I might as well give the whole project a chance. Let’s get into CLOUDS.

Hear me out on this: I think NF is pretty consistent on this project. In each track, he brings a good amount of energy and has a pretty nice flow. The Tech N9ne feature was also okay too, but this project is mainly NF-centric. That was the good about this mixtape, but the bad? I just do not care about this project. I’m always open to trying new music and hoping to become a fan of artists and music, but CLOUDS really didn’t sway me over. The content of the lyrics and what NF raps about is just not that interesting to me. On the same topic, I feel the same way about Joyner Lucas. I can’t take away the talent both of them have, but they just aren’t for me.

I don’t know, man. I’m just so in the middle about this. I understand why people like NF. I understand why he has his fans. I understand the appeal, but this is just so boring to me. I really don’t ever plan on listening to this again, and I just don’t have that much to say on it.


5/10


Listen here

YouTube Music




CLOUDS is an NF Real Music release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lil Yachty - Let’s Start Here. ALBUM REVIEW

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - PetroDragonic Apocalypse; or, Dawn of Eternal Night: An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation ALBUM REVIEW

Cities Aviv - Working Title for the Album Secret Waters